Wednesday 30 October 2013

The panic's setting in...

..but I'm OK. I think the magnitude of what I'm doing has finally hit me. Committing to actually write almost 2000 words PER DAY for 30 days seems like a Herculean task but it's one I'm definitely up for. Despite my counsellor's best efforts to tell me to play hooky and just be, I DO like some structure and although I retired my inner parade ground sergeant-major, I still feel I need a bit of a benchmark to aim for. One of the books I have been reading tells me to Be (your name) but I'm far too gutter minded to even consider the prospect of Be Jay *winks salaciously*. Today has been spent mostly researching. I have a basic plan in my head to certainly get the momentum going and see me through the first few weeks. That has meant looking up waste management acronyms - my favourite is BANANA (Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything) - the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency, or JAXA, which sounds to mean like the nickname of an East End (of Glasgow) gangster, and, of all things, Alice Cooper albums! And yes, I did watch a clip of Professor Brian Cox
but it DID give me an idea that I can use! It may read like a mess but I think that's appropriate and if you care to stick with me, dear reader, it should, fingers and legs crossed, make some kind of sense. Friday seems so far away and I know I'll be coming down off of a post-Loki cloud (yes, I'm going to see Thor 2: The Dark World tomorrow. In 2D, thank you very much - I don't think my hormones could handle The Hidd in 3D!) but I AM determined to be up nice and early and ready to start typing. I'm just hoping that this doesn't turn into WALL:E with hoomins...

No comments:

Post a Comment